Educational Program CE Info
Our Program Co-Chairs, Leann Smith, MD and Dean Rice, CNMT, PET, along with input from the Program Committee, developed a diverse program directed toward nuclear medicine and radiology physicians, trainees, nuclear medicine technologists, educators, administrators, and scientists who actively participate in clinical or research activities in nuclear medicine. Individuals attending the course of lectures will be able to:
- Discuss applications of PET/CT in oncology, cardiology, and Dementia.
- Recall the important aspects of radiation safety including administrator/patient safety as well as environmental safety including emergency and disaster preparedness
- Describe exciting new radiotracers and imaging modalities such as FLT bone marrow imaging, somatostatin receptor imaging and current and future radiotracers used in therapeutic nuclear medicine
- Explain the evolution of Nuclear Medicine including the development of evidence-based medicine and the emergence and growth of molecular imaging.
- Employ essential protocols involved in general nuclear medicine procedures.
- Restate recent developments in Nuclear Medicine
We brought in high-quality, nationally recognized speakers from outside and within the Chapter. Also, we scheduled three hours of CT Case Review and three hours of SAM content (good for two SAM credits).
(Note: nearly all presentations have been uploaded to this year's "Presentations" page.)
Continuing Education (up to 18.5 hours of credit possible)
CME: SNM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to sponsor continuing education for physicians. AMA Credit Designation Statement: SNM designates this live activity for a maximum of 18.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
VOICE: SNMTS, through its Verification of Involvement in Continuing Education (VOICE) program, has approved the SW Chapter 57th Annual Meeting for a maximum of 18.5 continuing education hours (CEHs).
CAMPEP: This educational activity is approved to grant Medical Physics Continuing Education Credit (MPCEC) by the Commission on the Accreditation of Medical Physics Programs (CAMPEP). This activity has been approved for a maximum of 18.50 credit hours.
ACPE: SNM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The assigned universal program numbers for this meeting begin with 0210-9999-12-065-L04-P and end with 0210-9999-12-292-L04-P. Topic designations and descriptions for all Southwestern Chapter SNM 57th Annual Meeting sessions are L04=General Pharmacy Topics. Total available credit for pharmacists is 18.00 hours or 1.80 CEU.
SAM Credit: To claim Self Assessment Module (SAM) credits for a Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program, you must first be enrolled in a program of this type through the American Board of Radiology (www.abr.org) or the American Board of Nuclear Medicine (www.abnm.org). SAM sessions also qualify as Category 1 CME and can serve to fill that requirement alone or in addition to the MOC.
For more CE information, call the Chapter office at 830-370-6554 or email cmetzger at swcsnm.org.